Thursday, March 4, 2021

Pie Number 1 - Modern Life is Rubbish/Wonderful

 Day Number 1, Pie Number 1

After 5 years away, my first pie back in New Zealand was a little inauspicious, but the circumstances around it were unique. See, I’m in a Managed Isolation hotel for the next 14 days after arriving from Canada, and so far, the food has been great. However, lunch today was smoked salmon, which is not my favourite, and thanks to the wonders of modern technology, within minutes, Brent from Uber Eats was off to the local gas station to pick me up a Mince and Cheese pie. I could quibble that it wasn’t as hot as it could have been, and that they didn’t have the pepper steak flavor on the online menu, but at the end of the day, I just ordered a delicious pie off the internet while being housed in a military-run quarantine facility, and that isn’t a sentence I thought I’d ever type.

Location – BP/Wild Bean Café Harewood, Christchurch

Pie – Mince and Cheese

Rating – 7/10

Accompaniments – A sausage roll


No comments: