Saturday, March 6, 2021

Quarantine Diary - Day Number 3

 Let me fill you in on all the exciting stuff that's been happening in my quarantine stay - I'm not sure I'm going to be able to fit it all in! 

Well, maybe not, but we're managing to fill our days pretty well. Today is our first day off work, but between breakfast, cleaning up the room, a quick session on the spin bike, and a walk around outside, I've got through to lunchtime, and there's a couple of cricket games to carry me through the afternoon.

Exercise is interesting, now that we've passed our first COVID test, we get three sessions a day to walk around the 'exercise area', which is the hotel parking lot, screened off from the outside world with black fencing. There's a couple of windows in the fence that people are using to chat with locals outside, but in general, each exercise session is the same 20 people drearily walking around the perimeter of the lot. Despite that, it's good to be outside and to see some different faces.

Alcohol is proving to be a minor problem - we are allowed 6 cans or a bottle of wine into the room every day, but if you get out of sync on your deliveries, it's pretty easy to run out. However, we will soldier on.

We took our Day 3 COVID test today, which means I'm only going to have my brain impaled by a swap one last time, on Day 12. Thank heavens for small victories.

The three meals are the highlights of the day, but the breakfasts are a little weird - yesterday was bacon and egg pie, which I thought was awesome, and today's was a doughnut and a brownie, which was a little much for 7 in the morning. Last nights dinner was roast lamb, and it was amazing. I forgot how good meat is here.

Alright, the cricket is starting, time to go. Go Black Caps! 

No comments: